Beet Stains: if Soap Can't Do It, What Can?
This video has 23 of the most unusual cleaning hacks and DIY ideas that work. In the video, you will find out everything from how to get rid of beet stains on your hands, how to make you own dishwasher detergent, to how to clean a pot with a dryer sheet. The following is just a sneak peek, on what to expect. The video has more than 3,000,000 views.
1. Cutting beets can be a messy task. Your cutting board and hands will be a bright red afterwards. But there's no need to worry because clean up only takes a simple ingredient you probably already have in the kitchen. All it takes is a little liquid dish soap rubbed on your hands under some warm water. Liquid dish soap is one of the best household cleaners, just think of how effective it works on greasy dishes.
2. After cooking up a big dinner, you may be left with some pots and pans that you feel like throwing away. Next time try this kitchen hack for the best household cleaner. For baked on food and dirt take the pot off the burner and add in some liquid dish soap. Then pour in some water, and cover with a dryer sheet, and let the mixture soak for one hour. Then pour out the cleaning mixture, and using a soft scrub pad, the pot will clean without a whole lot of elbow grease. Rinse, and your pot should look like new again.
3. Make your an all natural homemade dishwasher detergent with this DIY idea. You don't have to go out and spend a lot of money on expensive dishwasher detergent that often have ingredients you're unsure of. Try this kitchen hack and DIY idea instead. Use some baking soda, some citric acid, liquid dish soap, and stir the ingredients together. Then take the mixture and put it in an ice cube tray. Let the homemade dishwasher detergent dry for two hours and use as you would use your regular dishwasher cleaner. Put the dishwasher tablets in a nice jar and keep them under the sink.
4. Use this DIY idea for getting your glass shower doors looking like new. Rub in some toothpaste, and use a soft cleaning cloth in circular motion to clean. Then use a damp, wet cloth to clean and rinse, and your shower doors will look like new again.
5. You're sure to love this DIY idea for cleaning large makeup brushes. Get a clip store at the dollar store, or an office supply store. Then using your hot glue gun, glue a bunch of designs all over the board. Once the hot glue dries, you now have an effective surface that when used with some dish soap and some warm water provides the perfect method for cleaning your brushes.
6. Try this kitchen hack for burnt on grease in the oven. Oven cleaners can be toxic and expensive, and they leave behind an unpleasant odor. Next time your oven needs some cleaning try making a paste out of the water and baking soda. Then using a soft scrub sponge use the paste over the baked on grease. Cover the baked on grime in the oven with the cleaning paste, then spray with some white vinegar and wipe clean with a soft sponge. Not only is this DIY idea safe to use around your family and for the environment, but it's also inexpensive to make too.
You will find these 23 most unusual DIY ideas and kitchen hacks on the 5-Minute Crafts site. On the site, you will find video on DIY ideas, kitchen hacks, the best household cleaners and more. **
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at Watch the Entire Video on YouTube
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.